highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation
across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud.
Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP
(Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic
processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and
connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center
(Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications;
Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial
Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously
address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous
computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and
creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an
adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas,
striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified
team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best
life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Embedded Software Engineer - Technical Lead
The Software, Systems Integration and Verification group plays a key role in the development of software and hardware for system designs using Xilinx’s next-generation FPGA families. We are looking for a talented individual to join the group as an Embedded Software Engineer (Technical Lead) for the System Software team.
The System Software team focuses on creating system software for our embedded systems, validating systems in pre-silicon and post-silicon stages, and driving issues to resolution together with other teams
The person will be responsible for embedded software development for Xilinx programmable logic family of devices. The person should have minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience with minimum of 4 years of hands-on embedded s/w development including 2 years of experience on developing drivers for Data Converters (ADC/DAC) with good RF and Analog fundamentals. The person should be well-versed with Software Architecture, Design, Development and Testing process. Hands-on development experience of Baremetal/Linux/RTOS device drivers is desirable. Person should have good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Responsible for the development of Device Drivers/Applications for both Baremetal and Linux with focus on Data Converters (ADC/DAC) used for RF and ADCs used for System Monitor functionality
- Work with hardware engineers during development of hardware and software IP, and create hardware/software integration test applications
- 8+ years of work-related experience designing and developing embedded software including device drivers and applications.
- 2+ years of experience as team lead guiding one or two engineers
- Expert C/C++ Programmer
- Experience in Developing Device Drivers for Data Converters (ADC/DAC) and System Monitor Type of IP.
- Good understanding of Analog basics and RF basics
- Experience in working/development in RTOS environments (Linux preferred)
- Understanding of software development process and life cycle
- Experience working with hardware engineers for HW/SW integration
- Extensive knowledge of application and driver development in a Linux environment
- Experience in low level driver development, register interface programming, general algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with embedded processors such as ARM
- Experience with industrial standard devices e.g. Ethernet, PCIe, SPI, I2C, USB, GPIO would be an added advantage
- Scripting language experience like Perl, Python or TCL is an advantage Excellent communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Good System Level understanding
- Good Debugging Skills
Engineering degree or equivalent Master’s degree
Years of Experience
8+ years of work-related experience designing and developing embedded software including device drivers and applications.