Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into
tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx
has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model
to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications
that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across
technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you.
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies
that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving
back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager in Tokyo to lead a team of Application Engineers who are tasked with supporting our customers and partners. They will play a key role in driving the tactical and strategic success of our Japan support function. This individual will lead a highly visible and
motivated team and will interact extensively with Xilinx technical support leaders across the rest of the world.
The ideal candidate should possess Applications Engineering or Technical Support leadership experience, preferably in a programmable logic or embedded systems environment.
Responsibilities of the organization include:
- Issue escalation and problem resolution: work with engineers worldwide to solve complex customer issues
- Knowledge creation and management: creating, updating and maintaining Answer Records, documentation, etc.
- Product feedback: work with engineering groups to ensure complete and supportable product solutions
Senior Manager Responsibilities
- Meet key organizational metrics (e.g. issue resolution time and customer satisfaction) to ensure effectiveness of team
- Work pro-actively with other regional managers to ensure worldwide support targets are met
- Establish effective relationships with Engineering leadership to improve overall solution quality
- Oversee strategic projects to help improve the Xilinx customer experience
- Ensure technical escalations are managed and driven to resolution
- Increase technical capability and worldwide impact of team to be able to engage on highly complex technical issues in various applications (e.g. 5G wireless, Compute Acceleration using Machine Learning, Automotive Driver Assist/Autonomous Driving, etc.)
- Familiarity with FPGA technology, systems integration or embedded systems development
- Strong execution skills, an operational orientation, and attention to detail are essential to the role
- Demonstrated Team/Organization Leadership ability
- Excellent Project Management and Customer Communication skills
- Understanding of support requirements for all phases of product lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lead a multi-year strategic plan aligned to organization and company direction
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire executives and colleagues to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Continuous drive to exceed expectations in the pursuit of results that maximize value
- Skilled at influencing across organizational boundaries, working as part of cross-functional teams, and demonstrating an ability to achieve results through collaboration with teamsExperience
- BS/MS degree in Engineering
- 10+ years experience in Engineering/Infrastructure/Mission Critical Support leadership
- 7+ years management experience
- Prior experience working for multi-national company in technical role
- Prior experience in customer facing technical role
- An engineering background with product development or applications experience is a strong plus