At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager in Tokyo to lead a team of Application Engineers who are tasked with supporting our customers and partners. They will play a key role in driving the tactical and strategic success of our Japan support function. This individual will lead a highly visible and
motivated team and will interact extensively with Xilinx technical support leaders across the rest of the world.
The ideal candidate should possess Applications Engineering or Technical Support leadership experience, preferably in a programmable logic or embedded systems environment.
Responsibilities of the organization include:
- Issue escalation and problem resolution: work with engineers worldwide to solve complex customer issues
- Knowledge creation and management: creating, updating and maintaining Answer Records, documentation, etc.
- Product feedback: work with engineering groups to ensure complete and supportable product solutions
Senior Manager Responsibilities:
- Meet key organizational metrics (e.g. issue resolution time and customer satisfaction) to ensure effectiveness of team
- Work pro-actively with other regional managers to ensure worldwide support targets are met
- Establish effective relationships with Engineering leadership to improve overall solution quality
- Oversee strategic projects to help improve the Xilinx customer experience
- Ensure technical escalations are managed and driven to resolution
- Increase technical capability and worldwide impact of team to be able to engage on highly complex technical issues in various applications (e.g. 5G wireless, Compute Acceleration using Machine Learning, Automotive Driver Assist/Autonomous Driving, etc.)
- Familiarity with FPGA technology, systems integration or embedded systems development
- Strong execution skills, an operational orientation, and attention to detail are essential to the role
- Demonstrated Team/Organization Leadership ability
- Excellent Project Management and Customer Communication skills
- Understanding of support requirements for all phases of product lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lead a multi-year strategic plan aligned to organization and company direction
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire executives and colleagues to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Continuous drive to exceed expectations in the pursuit of results that maximize value
- Skilled at influencing across organizational boundaries, working as part of cross-functional teams, and demonstrating an ability to achieve results through collaboration with teams
- BS/MS degree in Engineering
- 10+ years experience in Engineering/Infrastructure/Mission Critical Support leadership
- 7+ years management experience
- Prior experience working for multi-national company in technical role
- Prior experience in customer facing technical role
- An engineering background with product development or applications experience is a strong plus