Description Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Xilinx is looking for an experienced system software engineer who:
- Has extensive experience in Linux kernel, kernel module development and driver development
- Understands heterogeneous processing systems
- Develops a deep understanding of tools portfolio capabilities and architecture
- Architects complex solutions across multiple functions and systems
- Challenges new requirements and existing systems and proposes new solutions
- Understands future strategies, assesses their impact on existing portfolio and architects improved solutions
- Leads and mentors other engineers
- Operates cross functionally to drive aligned strategies and infrastructure #hot
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- Proven Linux expert with extensive experience (6+ years) in a Linux environment. The position involves the design and development of a wide range of Linux sub-systems.
- The ideal candidate has up-streamed code to Linux kernel and worked closely with an open-source community. The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which an applicant will work independently to develop solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of heterogeneous processing systems